- To protect, shelter, and provide quality care for unwanted, abandoned, abused and stray animals of Sumter County.
- To strive to adopt these orphan animals into stable loving homes.
- To alleviate suffering and prevent cruelty to animals.
- To advocate the spaying and neutering of animals to help reduce unwanted animals, promote population control, and help reduce the necessity of euthanasia.
- To educate the community in regards to responsible pet ownership and the proper care and humane treatment of animals.